Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors in kdepim-wizards and libkabcommon4 upgrading to KDE 4.3 in Kubuntu 9.04

This is the error returned by apt-get -u dist-upgrade, after download all and few seconds after of start installing packages:

(Reading database ... 114501 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace kontact 4:4.2.2-0ubuntu1 (using .../kontact_4%3a4.3.0-0ubuntu1~jaunty1~ppa1_amd64.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement kontact ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kontact_4%3a4.3.0-0ubuntu1~jaunty1~ppa1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
    trying to overwrite `/usr/share/kde4/services/kontact/ktimetracker_plugin.desktop', which is also in package ktimetracker
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/kontact_4%3a4.3.0-0ubuntu1~jaunty1~ppa1_amd64.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

same as sudo apt-get -f install

I also performed sudo apt-get --fix-missing dist-upgrade which led to the following error:
    You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    kdepim-wizards: Depends: kdepim-groupware (= 4:4.3.0-0ubuntu1~jaunty1~ppa1) but it is not installed
    Depends: kdepimlibs5 (>= 4:4.3.0) but 4:4.2.2-0ubuntu1 is installed
    Depends: libkdepim4 (= 4:4.3.0-0ubuntu1~jaunty1~ppa1) but 4:4.2.2-0ubuntu1 is installed
    libkabcommon4: Depends: kdepimlibs5 (>= 4:4.3.0) but 4:4.2.2-0ubuntu1 is installed
    Depends: libkdepim4 (= 4:4.3.0-0ubuntu1~jaunty1~ppa1) but 4:4.2.2-0ubuntu1 is installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

and I run Synaptic Package Manager where these both packages appears with status "broken dependencies", I tried to fix them but without luck, it ends with the following error:
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kontact_4%3a4.3.0-0ubuntu1~jaunty1~ppa1_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/share/kde4/services/kontact/ktimetracker_plugin.desktop', which is also in package ktimetracker

Any ideas?

thanks in advance
    lupa

Re: Errors in kdepim-wizards and libkabcommon4 upgrading to KDE 4.3 in Kubuntu 9.04

Fixed.
    I did remove an purge the broken packages.
    I did execute sudo apt-get -u dist-upgrade again
    That worked! libkabcommon4 was installed again, kdepim-wizards did not, but I do not need it.
    lupa

Comment

Working...
    X