This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no Kubuntu in boot option after upgrading to Windows7

i had to upgrade my Vista to Windows7 RC, after that there aren't option to choose from,so i cannot get to my Kubuntu....how do i get it back

Re: no Kubuntu in boot option after upgrading to Windows7

Probably the Win 7 installer has written to the Master Boot Record, and Grub will have to be reinstalled if you want to boot Kubuntu.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081671.0

Question: Does your Win 7 RC recognize USB storage devices -- can you open them and use them?

Comment

it worked. thanx. i was running scared i'd loose all my documents.

and yes, i can open and use my USB devices.

Comment

Huh.

I installed Win 7 Beta on a VMWare Player VM, and it seems to run great, and the USB icon shows up on the taskbar when I plug in a USB stick, but it won't appear in "My Computer" or otherwise in the list of devices. I dunno -- I thought maybe MS disabled it for the evaluation copy or something. Since Win XP works correctly, I don't think it's a VMWare issue. Hmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          Huh.

I installed Win 7 Beta on a VMWare Player VM, and it seems to run great, and the USB icon shows up on the taskbar when I plug in a USB stick, but it won't appear in "My Computer" or otherwise in the list of devices. I dunno -- I thought maybe MS disabled it for the evaluation copy or something. Since Win XP works correctly, I don't think it's a VMWare issue. Hmmmmmmmm.
          You need to follow this snowhog's advice here
          http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3101299.0
          It worked for me in win7 RC

cheers!
          Sony Vaio VGN-NR160E/T<br />Kubuntu 9.04 KDE 4.3.00

Comment

so, here i go again...upgraded W7 RC to proper release...after trying to get GRUB back in Terminal after booting from live CD i received 'no grub command' answer...any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X