This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma + Video bugs making desktop unusable

I am having some strange plasma bugs with that i can't continue to test jaunty. I have a clean install upgraded to the latest packages. I have no video driver in x.org. And if i try to switch to terminal the screen just gets stuck with weird colors all over the screen but can switch back to kde. See picture(bottom bar always resized after reboot; menue not shown,only border; Icon view misses borders) . I'd be thankfull if anyone could tell me how to solve that. I dont know if i should file a bug or is it just a bad combination of packages and if it will be solved after packages are upgraded. Overall desktop performance is also very unusable slow. If you need any logs, just post. Is anyone having the same problems?

Greetings.

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?i...maerrordr1.jpg

BTW: upload folder is full, I'm told.
    SORRY, Posted wrong, please some admin move if possible

Re: Plasma + Video bugs making desktop unusable

I'm having exactly the same problem myself.
    Before I messed my system a bit,I did have the KDE neon-nightly builds installed along side.It suffered the same problem as well,until I found the fix for it in this forum.I've tried the same fix to the defualt KDA installation,but it didn't have any effect.

Regards,
    STEVE555

Comment

the worst thing is, i dont even know against what to file a bug... I think it could be ranging from x.org, over kde to the kernel or where to start to backtrace, what logs. Dunno. But if you get a solution, tell me

Comment

I'm experiencing the same problems here: The kde kickoff application launcher appears as a black frame, the entries of the menu are blindly clickable. The traditional kde menu works though.
        Switching to terminals (ctrl+alt+Fx) is possible, but instead of the terminal, a mix of colors is shown. The terminal is working though, but one has to enter commands blindly.

I'm using here a fresh install of jaunty alpha2 and my computer has a nvidia graphics card. On my laptop with an ATI graphics card, these problems don't appear... HTH.

Greetings

Comment

On an up-to-date Jaunty with nvidia-180.18 drivers I experience the same issues with terminals.
          Application launcher works as expected, but the system tray has some garbled icons. Prior to the drivers installation the whole panel was invisible. Moving it around, adjusting width and especially adding widgets to it caused plasma to crash and move the whole thing into the upper left corner. The only way to make it visible (and movable) was to change the theme via Desktop settings.
          Otherwise it works quite well for an alpha

Comment

Working...
          X