This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED No Sound!!!!

I've got an Acer Aspire 5810T2 laptop, I've installed Kubuntu 9.04, Got my wireless internet working after DAYS of #&%$, Than after another 10 odd hours i got my networking HDD working, Now i just realised there is ZERO sound in ANYTHING but start up and in Mplayer, I want to use VLC for EVERYTHING, So i'd be more than happy to just set up VLC to work, I think it might be a driver or something but i don't know how to update the driver nothing!

Youtube does not even have sound, HELP! I'm at a loss and about to go back to vista if i can't work this out soon, I'm a music freak and if linux can not provide it for me ASAP i will do the unthinkable and go BACK to windows despite my passion for linux.

Tell me what to do!

Re: No Sound!!!!

Originally posted by warrior23em1
    Now i just realised there is ZERO sound in ANYTHING but start up and in Mplayer,...
    Tell me what to do!
    Last first. SLOW DOWN. RELAX.
    First second. The fact that you have startup sound and in Mplayer is a very good sign. It means that your sound card/chip is properly recognized and working. So, that you have no sound in other applications is a settings issue only.

Look at K > System Settings > Multimedia > Device Preferences > Audio Output What is listed, and in what order - top to bottom?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am seriously a ****ing idiot, I double clicked the speaker icon at the bottom and one of the bars in mixer where RIGHT down, Don't understand why it would be like that straight of on install but i'm an idiot thank you anyway.

Comment

I'll assume, then, that you've solved your issue? Assuming 'yes,' please return to the first post in this thread and click the modify button and add SOLVED to the subject.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X