X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joystick Causes Constant Left-Dive In Game

Hello;

Thanks for reading this post, I hope you can help.

I have a Saitek X45 joystick/throttle combo. I can calibrate the X45 in Kubuntu system settings without a problem, but when I run a game and specify joystick control, the game behaves as if I'm diving down to the left constantly. I can shoot weapons so I know the joystick is in control, but I can't get back to straight and level flight.

This game is incredible -- the best FPS I've seen in Linux, but I'm tired of using my mouse for control. Please advise.

Kubuntu 9.04
    A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon 2200 XP, 1GB RAM
    Game: Adanaxis (Listed in Synaptic). Homepage: www.mushware.com
    Last edited by mhumm2; May 05, 2012, 06:24 PM.
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Re: Joystick Causes Constant Left-Dive In Game

Make sure you have

xserver-xorg-input-evdev

and

xserver-xorg-input-joystick

installed. If you do, reinstall them, then try your joystick calibration in Systemsettings
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Joystick Causes Constant Left-Dive In Game

GreyGeek;

Thank you for your response. I did as you suggested, (did not have the xserver-xorg-input-joystick installed). After calibrating the js, I went back into Adanaxis. Same issue so I played with the settings and I was able to get the js input to stop turning left and diving. This tells me it's a game settings issue and not the necessarily the js.

Thanks again.

mhumm2
      "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Working...
      X