X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacky colors in the monitor

Hi there,

I installed kubuntu a week ago, it was running well, suddenly yesterday monitor starts to fail...or something, a lot of colors blinking in the screen when I pass the cursor over the aplications...When i installed kubuntu, the same day I selected some of the effects fot the desktop (cube desktop, vanishing windows, cover flow windows selection and some others) and as I mentioned I was working very good, but the issue of the screen is new.

I discovered something, if i deselect the desktop effects, the blinking color thing just stops and works normally.

What could be wrong?

thanks in advance

Acer Aspire 5871, 1.33ghz Intel, 3GB RAM

Re: Wacky colors in the monitor

I think that hardware uses an Intel graphics chip. From a console, enter the following:

sudo aptitude show xserver-xorg-video-intel

Paste the results. Maybe you upgraded recently to a new kernel or video driver. That's usually what causes video-related problems. I had all kinds of problems trying to use version 2.9 of the Intel driver in Jaunty. It hosed my configuration and I had to restore from backup and lock the package to version 2.8.

The quick solution to your current problem is disable desktop effects until you can isolate the cause.
    linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Working...
    X