This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: Printer Wont work

I have a brother mfc-290c printer which will not print. I went to the brother website and downloaded a driver in deb format. The printer icon comes up in the menu tray but the printer does nothing. wont even print a test page. How do I access the print que as it says there are 12 jobs pending?

Re: Printer Wont work

Is it set as the default printer in CUPS?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

it is listed as the local printer in printer configuration and its ticked default. I originally tried to install by picking the default (recommended setting) and then when it didnt work I downloaded the driver in deb from the brother website and it installed succesfully but it still show the old driver settings in configuration

Comment

Just found the print qeue and its saying the other 12 jobs were completed and the latest one is held

device uri:usb://Brother/MFC-290C

Comment

is the default printer in cups setting different from using kubuntu setings in menus keen to solve this problem I have never got a printer working in linux is close to the last hurdle

Comment

If you use the CUPS interface at http://localhost:631 and print a test page from there, you can sometimes get an error message as to what happened.

Comment

the cups interface is telling me that each time I schedule a job for the printer that it has been completed

Comment

how can I get a ppd file for this printer

Comment

Solved: I have no idea how? The printer worked after the system was reebooted after changing settings in localhost thanks all for the help

Comment

Working...
                  X