This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't hear sound from computer

After having installed the Windows 7 built 7022, I lost my grub, so I used the live CD to reinstalled it. Then logged in Kubuntu, I couldn't hear the sound even though nothing was muted?! What's the problem? I tried to this, see link http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-rem...epid-ibex.html, but the termial reported like this "Package pulseaudio is not installed, so not removed" Although I open the Multimedia in the System settings, there was PulseAudio, I click on the first row (SB Live Value! ... my soundcard is sound blaster live) then click the Test below, nothing happed. Then I moved the PulseAudio up, redid again but it said "The playback device PulseAudio does not work". I suspect that the problem is Pulseaudio. Can anyone help me

Re: Can't hear sound from computer

When you want to loose your grub from time to time, you should know, that there is another possibility to install dualboot. After that installation, you will have your Windows loader, there will be one more line with Kubuntu in it and after pressing that option you will start grub only at that time. Windows reinstallation will leave your Kubuntu and grub untouched.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Re: Can't hear sound from computer

Originally posted by tomtruong

I suspect that the problem is Pulseaudio. Can anyone help me
      Maybe.

Open Kmix, if it is not running. Right-click the icon and choose "Show mixer window" then choose "Settings" then choose "configure channels". Put a checkmark in "PCM" if it is not checked, then "OK". Now the PCM channel appears. Make sure it is unmuted and slide the volume up.

If that doesn't work, then we do need to find out why Pulseaudio is not installing or running correctly. There's a link in the FAQs in my signature to the *buntu sound troubleshooting guide -- I'd follow that and see if it resolves it.

Comment

Working...
      X