This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VGA performance and audo ?

OK I got a box given to me by my sisterinlaw.

A Gateway 5200x with a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz about 1.5Gig of RAM the Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller with Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03) and a Model: ATA WDC WD2000JD-22H (scsi) 200Gig SATA drive.

more teck info on my post of prase hear http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3105969.0

FIRST How can I check the intel graficks to see if it could be better or if it's preforming well?
    I read hear someware about using glxgears and I did but have know idea what's good or bad as far as frames per second......what I got was about 1098 just watching the gears role and between 600 and 800 wile draging the gear window around the desktop realey fast and withought pause for a few readout's ..... with the 3D efecs on ........(the standerd KDE ones not compise)

by the way DANG I love that 3D stuff espeshaley the cube
    I gess it's working ok sence I acsadentley undocked the desktop and spun the cube wile watching a .avi in mplayer fullscreen and the .avi never skipt a beet.

NOW the audio..........it dose work thrugh the rear outputs but nothing thrugh the frunt?
    and in Kmix the onley chanell's I can get are master, PCI, front, capture, capture2, input source, input source2.

But the one called frunt dosent do eneything to the frunt?

the rear outputs work fine so no big deal but it would be nice to have it all working.

when I boot windowsXP thares a software controler for the audio that will let you set it for stareo fore chanell and six chanell (for suround) and it reconfigurs the outputs for each choise?

I dont realey care if I'll be abel to set the diferent output moades just some soud out the frunt :P

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: VGA performance and audo ?

Hi Vinny

I would say if you have got the desktop cube spinning with that card then the graphics must be working Okay

Audio - Clutching at straws here but I assume you have got OCM and not PCI? If so, what level do you have PCM set at?

Also, is there anything within system settings that might help you?

Ian

Comment

Re: VGA performance and audo ?

Originally posted by The Liquidator
      Hi Vinny

I would say if you have got the desktop cube spinning with that card then the graphics must be working Okay

Audio - Clutching at straws here but I assume you have got OCM and not PCI? If so, what level do you have PCM set at?

Also, is there anything within system settings that might help you?

Ian

HI The Liquidator ... Ian

ahum yes it's PCM.........and the sliders are all the way up and still no sound out the frunt output's.

I'll just put a spliter on the back one and lead a jumper to the frunt to plug headphons in ......as is the back goes to the stareo and work's fine.

as far as system seting's goes in the multymedia section the onbord audio is selectid for everything
      and I see no other seting's to adjust.

on a side note..........LOL.............I DL'd the dayley image of Karmic yesterday and fired it up live........WOW that's looking good cant wate for the official relece to dist-upgrade to it. 8)

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X