This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless scanner

I have an HP J6410 wireless printer/scanner connected to my WLAN. It prints fine, but since I've moved exclusively to KDE4 I haven't found any software that will detect its scanner (I've tried The Gimp with XScanImage and QuiteInsane, xsane, and even GnomeScan on my Ubuntu Laptop).

When I used KDE3 I used Kooka which worked really well with it wirelessly, but it hasn't been updated for KDE4.

Can anyone advise me?

Re: Wireless scanner

Dude, there is a software from gnome that you can install it is call "xsane" I believe. Look for it in the synaptic package and then install it. It is going to take a while to get use to it, but it will be learned.
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Kooka was dropped from KGraphics module due to lack of development. As of today, only XSANE is under active development.

Do you have HPLIP installed?
      Then check this out: https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/49770

Many modern printers and scanners comes with web base tools to scan an image. All you have to do is fire a web browser > Type printer IP address and select Scan option. All scanned images can be viewed and downloaded from browser itself. You might try that.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
        Kooka was dropped from KGraphics module due to lack of development. As of today, only XSANE is under active development.

Do you have HPLIP installed?
        Then check this out: https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/49770

Many modern printers and scanners comes with web base tools to scan an image. All you have to do is fire a web browser > Type printer IP address and select Scan option. All scanned images can be viewed and downloaded from browser itself. You might try that.
        Dude, thanks for that info, I did not know that.
        You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
        Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
        Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Working...
        X