This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange mouse probelm

The problem i have now is a strange one. when ever i start playing around with the battery settings my touchpad buttons stop working. i can move the curser around fine and the keyboard works but the touchpad buttons don't work!!! its real annoying. the only way to overcome it is to restart. the computer.

Any suggestions?

Re: strange mouse probelm

Can you provide more information please?

Firstly, what type of notebook computer are you using? Make and model.
    Secondly, do you know if it has a synaptics or alps touchpad?
    Thirdly, when you say 'playing around with the battery settings' could you give more detail?

Thanks.
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

unfortunately, vinpor posted this twice, I asked some of these question on the other thread

Comment

sorry about posting this twice. i'm just desperate to fix this problem, i wanted to give it a lot of exposure. it won't happen again.

to answer your question kevinc
        its a dell inspiron 1525 with a synaptics touchpad.
        it seems to happen alot when i'm interacting the the battery widget in the main panel. eg when i change power profile or dim the screen.

i'v also noticed happen while doing other tasks now

Comment

No worries. There is a new kernel update today (2.6.28-15), did you try it? I hope it fixes this!

Another idea would be to open System Settings -> Keyboard and Mouse, make some minor modification and save it, to see if this forces KDE to save sane mouse (trackpad) settings.

One more: maybe look at the BIOS settings and focus on the ACPI settings, see if you can improve/change something there.

These are all long shots, it's a pretty weird bug you are suffering

Comment

Working...
          X