Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[half solved] Printer Configuration MISSING add new printer ability?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[half solved] Printer Configuration MISSING add new printer ability?

[half solved] see my post.. post number 3

please excuse me i'm used to debian, i'm testing the waters to find a slightly more up to date distro.....
    so under the strip down config tool ->advanced (tab) -> printer configuration
    i have all to few a options....
    new printer
    server settings

so we try new printer.... under with is :
    add new network printer
    new printer class
    printer class looks like empty frame work waiting to be filled with an app. (bug?)

but no where to be found is "add hardware printer" or "add software printer"

so how do i add an old HP laser LPT port printer?? while using the stock kubuntu and kde tools ?? (if its possible)
    thank you!

ps on another note, for the love of baby jesus please tell someone they need to add some options and ability's to the display config GUI. thanks

Re: Printer Configuration MISSING add new printer ability?

A better approach is to open you browser and enter "localhost:631" in the URL window, and then use the CUPS admin interface to set up your printer.

Comment

Re: [half solved] Printer Configuration MISSING add new printer ability?

in all my years in linux. and with playing with samba's swat ... i've never run across the web admin for cups... :-p but then agian printers are usally a one time at system build thing.
      thank you very much i'm putting that one in my notes...

but it stilll dosen't help with trying to expline how to setup a printer while using the gui system dealy. does anyone know about this problem? dose the gui tool only detect usb printers??

thanks agian dibl

Comment

Working...
      X