This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB dialog not appearing for Nikon L10 camera

Hi, I'm running Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope on a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop, when I plug in my Nikon L10 camera it is not detected and mounted, however it does show up in lsusb, here's the output:

lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04b0:030b Nikon Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Anyone got any ideas, I'm still something of a newbie,
    Many thanks
    The more I learn the more I realise the less I know

Re: USB dialog not appearing for Nikon L10 camera

If you have Amarok open or had it open close it and reboot. Another guy and I have been having an issue with Amarok messing up USB mounted devices.

Make sure Amarok is not open in the task bar when you reboot.

This may be the problem with you also.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I'm not running Amarok. However t does seem to be a more generic USB problem because I've also tried my USB Hauppage WinTV and it does the same as the camera appears in lsusb but no mounting or dialog box.

Regards
      The more I learn the more I realise the less I know

Comment

In my house there are 4 digital cameras, with two types of flash cards. I solved 100% of my "camera not recognized" issues by buying one of these:

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1151)-SDDR-99-SanDisk_ImageMate_5In1_ReaderWriter.aspx

You just pull the card out of the camera, plug it into the adapter, and plug the adapter into your USB connector, then open Dolphin and copy the pictures to wherever you want them.

The USB Hauppauge card is a different problem entirely. I used a PVR-150 for a VHS tape capturing project, but it is a ISA/PCI interface card. You'll have to search on Ubuntu forums for the secret recipe for the USB card -- I recall a rash of threads and problems when those first appeared, but I don't remember knowing what it takes to make it work.

Comment

Working...
        X