Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda solved - Dual head setup removed by Kubuntu? Or merely a huge bug?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kinda solved - Dual head setup removed by Kubuntu? Or merely a huge bug?

I'm glad to have seen this post thread. I have the same issues with Kubuntu Jaunty, Toshiba laptop with ATI X1200 video hardware (M690V chipset), with the "radeon" open-source drivers. I set everything up in Ubuntu, had dual monitors, nice display, super crispy. I moved over to Kubuntu using the std "apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" and found this issue to a "T": There is no "Multiple Monitors," and there is no button to uncheck mirroring, and setting resolutions to independent monitors doesn't take. This is pretty ridiculous, since it works in GNOME (ie, the harware, the kernel, and the drivers all support this functionality).

Since this is a fresh install, with very little investment into KDE, I'll probably just revert to GNOME and perhaps even uninstall kubuntu-desktop (I'm assuming there is a way to do this). For me, this is more trouble than it's worth. Perhaps I'll try to re-install kubuntu-desktop in a few/several months whenever there is some new release.

Nobody had posted to this thread since May. It is now October. The inherent problem of lacking full KDE functionality is still not solved. Just an FYI for people experiencing this. Seems clear it's a Kubuntu issue (not necessarily KDE), and it is not yet resolved. I hope the bug gets worked in - wondering how else to get attention to this problem.

Also please see these for more info:

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=47263
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3102967.0

Comment

Re: Kinda solved - Dual head setup removed by Kubuntu? Or merely a huge bug?

Post feedback to JauntyJackalopeFinalKubuntuFeedback

Submit bug reports to KubuntuBugsReporting
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X