X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 9.04 don't runs well

I installed Kubuntu 9.04 and:
    - Wifi don't works (Ubuntu wifi works great)
    - Widgets/Plasmoids don't work (I can't see the content of plasmoids but I can see its borders). The application launcher widget is just a rectangle border with no content also. So to be able to launch some app I had to add the widget of classical menu launcher (by the way I just hate the new one from the first day, I just love the classical one)
    - Probably the sound don't works

For me is very buggy this alpha 3.

So I returned to my Ubuntu 8.10 with kubuntu-desktop from synaptic. This way is the only way I can have sound. Kubuntu never did work the sound in my computer. Ubuntu does. It is a pitty I have to install Ubuntu and then install kubuntu-desktop; I would like a very stable and working OS like Ubuntu. Why each desktop creates (reinventing the wheel) the same apps instead of enhancing the old ones? Why kubuntu creates KNetworkManager instead NetworkManager, Kate instead Gedit, and new sound drivers that don't work in my PC instead the Ubuntu ones that work flawlesly. Why so much wasting of time reinventing the wheel?

Re: Kubuntu 9.04 don't runs well

Originally posted by Bao2

Why kubuntu creates KNetworkManager instead NetworkManager, Kate instead Gedit, and new sound drivers that don't work in my PC instead the Ubuntu ones that work flawlesly. Why so much wasting of time reinventing the wheel?

Kubuntu
    didn't create those -- KDE did.

Do you understand that Ubuntu uses Gnome, and Kubuntu uses KDE for the desktop? So, if Gnome is better for you, then that's fine -- use it!

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 9.04 don't runs well

Or Xubuntu. XFCE is a nice DT Manager.

Comment

Working...
      X