X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Java bank provider

Hi.

Just as things were going smoothly in Intrepid KDE 4.2... I can't get through to my bank provider... nordea.dk login.... https://www.netbank.nordea.dk/netbank/index.jsp

Opera, Firefox nor Konqueror can handle it.. any hints?
    Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
    CV and gallery at grn.dk
    Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Re: Java bank provider

I just followed your link from a Jaunty computer with Firefox 3.0.8 and sun-java6-jre,sun-java6-plugin and it asked me if I want run the application. I told it yes and it gave me a login screen. That seems to me like it is working, but if you want to give me your username and password I will try them .

Comment

I also run Firefox 3.0.8 and I have jre and plugin from sun java..

Random.... Is it KDE 4 that sucks or my new Lenovo T400?
      CV and gallery at grn.dk

Comment

I think it is highly unlikely that this is a hardware problem. It is more likely to be a problem of what is supported in a particular version of java or a bug in a particular build of KDE. I personally thing that Intrepid has more than its share of problems, just by virtue of being unlucky enough to contain numerous early version soft software. I think I ran it for less than a week before upgrading to Jaunty. Jaunty has come together nicely, and I think it is a remarkable release. If I were you I would upgrade to Jaunty.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I think I will try Jaunty. I will report back later.
          CV and gallery at grn.dk

Comment

I tried with a fully up to date 8.10 and no luck.

The bank's check on my computer system replied with:
            Code:
             	Systemtjek 	 	-
            - 	- 	-
            - 		
            Systemtjek 	Resultat 	
            Browser version 	Mozilla 1.9.0.8 	checked

Minimumskravet til Netbank er Internet Explorer 5.5.
            Klik her for at downloade og installere den nyeste version. Sådan gør du, når du downloader:
            # Vælg Åben eller Kør programmet fra nuværende placering

Operativ system 	UNIX 	kryds

Minimuskravet til Netbank er Windows 98. Netbank kræver følgende versioner: Windows 98, 2000, 
            Me, NT og XP. Programmerne kan ikke hentes fra nettet, men skal købes hos en forhandler.
            In other words, although they don't support Vista they seem to be bought by Microsoft.

I just checked in Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE3.5 and now it seems to work in Firefox.
            Regretfully another proof KDE4.2 is a regression.

Comment

I think there was some regression inf KDE4 but the KDE 4.2 in Jaunty does not have this problem and many others that have been attributed to KDE4. You do not get progress without some failures. The message you showed seemed to indicate the bank thought you were using Mozilla 1.9.0.8 ? What is that about?

Comment

@Teunis.

Hehe

That message is not the problem I have. It's the Java software that makes the browser to hang or not display the login window at all. It worked/works with Hardy Heron.

Well, allmost every danish company "loves".. hmm runs Microsoft. They display minimum requirements which in this case is stated as Explorer 5.5. It is stated that it will not run with Vista.. but it does

Let's not start a flame war with Microsoft... we are too young for that!
                CV and gallery at grn.dk

Comment

I don't read Danish, but it appears to me that the application is refusing to start because it thinks you are running a browser that does not support what it wants to do. It runs in Firefox 3, but if you are sure that is not the problem, well, it's your problem, not mine.

Comment

As stated earlier, I will do an upgrade and report back.. I just don't understand why it does not run in Intrepid Firefox 3?
                    CV and gallery at grn.dk

Comment

I have now upgraded to Jaunty Kubuntu 9.04 64 bit. I still have the same problem...
                      CV and gallery at grn.dk

Comment

Hi,

I run Intrepid, KDE 4.2, Firefox 3.0.8, Java 1.6.0_10

The login applet starts just fine here.

Comment

Originally posted by gnowak
                          I have now upgraded to Jaunty Kubuntu 9.04 64 bit. I still have the same problem...
                          Does your browser pass the test here:

http://java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

Comment

Opera passes the test with a little man waving his hands... But the bank applet hangs....

Firefox does not.. a gray box like the bank applet. Firefox states that java is enabled in the browser settings..?

Code:
                            gnowak@t400:/$ dpkg -l |grep sun
                            ii splix                   2.0.0-0.1ubuntu3             Driver for Samsung's SPL2 (bw) and SPLc (col
                            ii sun-java6-bin               6-13-1                  Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (ar
                            ii sun-java6-fonts              6-13-1                  Lucida TrueType fonts (from the Sun JRE)
                            ii sun-java6-jdk               6-13-1                  Sun Java(TM) Development Kit (JDK) 6
                            ii sun-java6-jre               6-13-1                  Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (ar
                            ii sun-java6-plugin              6-13-1                  The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 6
                            I don't experience these problems on my old machine 32 bit Hardy Heron..
                            CV and gallery at grn.dk

Comment

@dibl: I folowed your FAQ 9 and it works in Firefox now.

Thanks
                              CV and gallery at grn.dk

Comment

Working...
                              X