This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu drive me crazy, i couldn't copy & paste - widgets freeze the PC

Hello, i really want to know why in desktop OS all this restrictions,i'm using interpid 8.1 kde 4.2 but i couldn't paste any file using menus, i should go to command line!! and use sudo, why there isn't "run as root" as in previous versions? i want to know how i could delete a folder in linux partition ( move to trash inactive)

another problem is that after upgrding to kde 4.2 i couldn't use widgets, if i try to add anyone, the computer freezes
    thanx for help

Re: Kubuntu drive me crazy, i couldn't copy & paste - widgets freeze the PC

Honestly, it doesn't sound like your installatin functions properly. I would suggest you reboot into recovery mode, and try the "repair broken packages" function(just in case), and the "try to fix xserver" function.
    Root user is disabled by default in *ubuntu, using sudo to enhance security. It is possible to run as root, but it is strongly discouraged.

Comment

Here the copy & paste is working fine but "BloodiedFangs" is telling that > Topic: Can't copy and paste files in dolphin

Do you have something in common ?

use sudo, why there isn't "run as root" as in previous versions?
      As default there aren't but if you want to use:

> Root Actions Servicemenu
      > Simple Root Actions Menu
      > Open Dolphin as Root

another problem is that after upgrding to kde 4.2 i couldn't use widgets, if i try to add anyone, the computer freezes
      Did you remove old plasma packages before upgrade ?

> KDE 4.2 Released
      3. Old Plasma packages are not compatible with KDE 4.2, you should uninstall any plasmoids.
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

thank you for help, you are right, i didn't uninstall plasmoids, but could you please tell me how i could uninstall them??

Comment

thanx also for the simple root action menu , it solves big problem for me

Comment

i didn't uninstall plasmoids, but could you please tell me how i could uninstall them??
            There are plasmoids from the KDE and from the single packages:

KDE: kdeplasma-addons - plasmoids for KDE 4 Plasma - main package.
            Single packages: plasmoid-*

Plasmoids from the KDE packages should always have the right plasma version (> Plasmoid versions)

Removing a plasmoid-* package

Through your package manager (> FAQ: Package Managers)

Konsole/cli example:

I have (> FAQ: How to get list of installed packages.):
            Code:
             dpkg --get-selections | grep -v deinstall | grep plasmoid
            plasmoid-devicenotifier-automount install
            plasmoid-embed-win install
            plasmoid-lastmoid install
            plasmoid-network-manager install
            plasmoid-simplemonitor install
            plasmoid-simpleweatherforecast install
            plasmoid-systemcommand install
            plasmoid-trainclock install
            plasmoid-weather-extragear install
            plasmoid-weather-smhi install
            plasmoid-windows-list install
            This will remove one of them:
            Code:
            sudo apt-get remove plasmoid-embed-win
            Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
            1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
            2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

@Rog131: Sorry to bump this, but how did you get the train-clock listed? The train-clock is broken in kdeplayground. Which is sad, because I would love to use the train-clock.
              Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Working...
              X