Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amarok-kde4 - No MP3Tunes Support - Resolved :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok-kde4 - No MP3Tunes Support - Resolved :)

Hi all,

I've installed amarok-kde-2.0.1.1-0ubuntu1~ppa1 from ppa.launchpad.net on my netbook.

I'm used to using it with OpenSuse on my main computer, and by default, I get the mp3tunes module in the internet section when I launch amarok2.

With this version under ubuntu (easypeasy), I don't get this module : not in the default "internet" section nor in the scripts dialog.

Is there a way to enable it ? Or was it built without mp3tunes support ? If so, is another version avaiolable or planned ?

Thanks a lot

Laurent

Re: Amarok-kde4 - No MP3Tunes Support

Follow #9 in the "Top 20" in my signature.

Comment

Thanks for your answear, I've read the howto, but I don't know if there's a link with amarok. Do I have this problem because a codec is missing ?

Comment

I have never installed Kubuntu this way:
        Originally posted by lc_lol

With this version under ubuntu (easypeasy), I don't get this module : not in the default "internet" section nor in the scripts dialog.
        But, I assume your problem is missing codecs. From here, and assuming version 8.10, you need to do (in a Konsole window):

Code:
        sudo wget [url]http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/intrepid.list[/url] -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
        Code:
        wget -q [url]http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg[/url] -O- | sudo apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update
        3. (for 32-bit)
        Code:
        sudo apt-get remove gnash gnash-common libflashsupport mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla && sudo apt-get install alsa-oss faac faad flashplugin-nonfree libavcodec-unstripped-51 libk3b2-extracodecs libmp3lame0 libtunepimp5-mp3 libxine1-ffmpeg non-free-codecs sun-java6-fonts sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin unrar
        Last night, for 9.04, it puked on libavcodec-unstripped-51. So, if that happens, you install the packages ahead of it with
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install alsa-oss faac faad flashplugin-nonfree
        and then the packages after it with
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install libk3b2-extracodecs libmp3lame0 libtunepimp5-mp3 libxine1-ffmpeg non-free-codecs sun-java6-fonts sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin unrar
        Then start Amarok and it should play mp3 files.

Comment

Hi again,

I'm sorry I may haven't been understandable. Amarok reads mp3 files well, but there's a missing plugin, the module that loads files from the mp3tunes website.

Maybe I have to join the package maintainer, but I don't manage to : the address bundled in the package (kubuntu-devel@ubuntu.com) doesn't work. If somebody know who I can join, I'd be glad.

Thanks again

Comment

OK, sorry, I misunderstood the problem.

Amarok is not a Kubuntu or KDE package -- I don't think you need the Kubuntu package maintainer, you need the Amarok developer, to add the capability.

Comment

Ok problem solved : everything was fine but I had to activate mp3tunes support in the amarok options dialog.

Thanks a lot for your precious help.

Comment

Working...
              X