X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 8.10 Behavior compared to Ubuntu 8.10

Restarting Kubuntu 8.10?!
    Why is it or what can I do that when I restart Kubuntu 8.10 all Applications Reopen where (At least with me) on Ubuntu 8.10 does not open any Applications and I can start from fresh with those Browsers etc... that I want to use on New Session.

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 Behavior compared to Ubuntu 8.10

Originally posted by sam-c

Why is it or what can I do that when I restart Kubuntu 8.10 all Applications Reopen where (At least with me) on Ubuntu 8.10 does not open any Applications and I can start from fresh with those Browsers etc... that I want to use on New Session.
    I'm a little confused looks like multiple questions and/or comments. The answer to "why" is -- they are two different desktop environments and they have different capabilities and different methods to support user activities.

What is it that you want to do?

Comment

Why is it or what can I do that when I restart Kubuntu 8.10 all Applications Reopen (!!)

in reply to dibi

Comment

Kubuntu saves the information on open applications when you shut down your system, and they are opened again automatically when you restart it. So, if you don't want them opened when you restart the system, you need to close them before you shut it down.

Is that the question?

Comment

I'm not using Kubuntu right now so these instructions might not be exact, but should be close enough to get you on your way.

K > System Settings > Advanved > Session Manager. You can select whether Kubuntu presents you with a new session, previous session, or a manually saved session when you login. From the sound of it, you want new session selected.

Comment

Thanks
            That did the Trick!!!
            It gives me more control on what applications I want to start with
            and has an impact on Performance.

Comment

Working...
            X