X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Konsole not working on Kile

Hi,

I recently installed Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.2.

However, I noticed that Kile 2.0.1 has the "konsole" window not working.

Is it a bug or what? If I ask
    Code:
    Help->About Kile
    from th Kile's menu it tells me that this Kile version is "using" KDE 3.5.10.

What does it mean?

Thanks in advance,
    g.

---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Re: Konsole not working on Kile

"using kde 3.5.10"
    means that you either don't have the kde4 version installed (unlikely unless you manually installed the program).

more then likely there is not a "proper" kde4 version yet. so its still using the 'old' kde libs
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

You can try installing a kde4 (development) version of kile from this ppa (haven't tested it myself):
      https://launchpad.net/~andreas-wenning/+archive/ppa
      you can always revert back if it doesn't work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
        "using kde 3.5.10"
        means that you either don't have the kde4 version installed (unlikely unless you manually installed the program).

more then likely there is not a "proper" kde4 version yet. so its still using the 'old' kde libs
        well, checking via dolphin or konqueror what version is installed it tells me that it is KDE 4.1.4

I have just installed the whole Kubuntu 8.10 from an iso file.

I'll maybe install the "development" versio nor simply wait for the upgrades ...

thanks for your replies,
        g.
        ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Comment

I was wrong:

Code:
          $ kded --version

Qt: 3.3.8b
          KDE: 3.5.10
          KDE Daemon: $Id: kded.cpp 711061 2007-09-11 09:42:51Z tpatzig $

Comment

Originally posted by g.
            I was wrong:

Code:
            $ kded --version

Qt: 3.3.8b
            KDE: 3.5.10
            KDE Daemon: $Id: kded.cpp 711061 2007-09-11 09:42:51Z tpatzig $
            No you weren't, you just have both the kde3 and kde4 libraries installed (since you have both KDE3 and KDE4 applications on your system). 'kded --version' will report KDE3 version, and 'kded4 --version' will report KDE4 version.

Your issue with konsole/kile is that kile is KDE3 on your system, and it's trying to use konsole's kpart...and konsole is KDE4.

I tried the kde4 kile (development) version on my Jaunty installation (yes it's in Jaunty repos already)...and it seemed a tad buggy, but embedded konsole works.

Comment

ok thanks.

I little bit disorienting...

shall I mark as closed this post? (if yes how? )

thanks again,
              g.

Comment

just put [SOLVED] infront of the subject when you reply (or edit post)
                Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                X