X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested software for creating DVD's?

Hi!
    Bit by bit I'm converting from W*****s to Kubuntu and now i need a hint with how to create nice DVD's with own menues. In XP I've always favoured ConvertxtoDVD which is easy to use and gives you a good range of possibilities in designing your own backgrounds, menues etc. Could anyone recommend a Linuxsolution? I've tried QDVDauthor but couldn't really get it started.... DeVeDe seems ok but is lacking draganddropfunctions. Might be a supergood program, haven't really tried it to be honest.

Thankful for advice

Anders

Re: Suggested software for creating DVD's?

devede is gonna be your best (if you can get over no drag and drop)
    OR
    you attempt to use wine w/ w/e you were using for windoze.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

devede is pretty slick. supports multi-core processors.. takes me about 40 minutes to rip a 700mb file.

It lacks support for stuff like menus.. they are pretty lame, but overall... it does a good job.

Comment

you can make a menu in devede. look for the menu options button.
          its just under the gauge that shows dvd's estmated usage. you can't do much more then link the titles and make a background and sound for it but its something and quick ez process.

Comment

I think ManDVD is pretty awesome.

http://www.ubuntuessentials.net/?p=516

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
              you can make a menu in devede. look for the menu options button.
              its just under the gauge that shows dvd's estmated usage. you can't do much more then link the titles and make a background and sound for it but its something and quick ez process.
              Well,

It lacks support for stuff like menus.. they are pretty lame

I guess I should have typed it differently.. by "they are pretty lame" I was meaning to imply that it <will> do menus, but it's not a whole lot offered.

Comment

Tried Devede. It does the trick for me! ManDVD looks very good judged from the screenshots. Will give it a try some day.

Anders

Comment

I tried all DVD softwares mentioned and I get problems with all of them. I got the furthest with ManDVD and DeVeDe, but with both of them there is no sound on my DVD´s.
                  Openmoveeditor was VERY, VERY slow.

It seems that when it comes to DVD software Linux has still a far way to go. It just isn´t working strait after installation. There is always a bug of some kind, hindering you to get your work done, and to resort back to Windows applications that ¨just work¨.
                  I love Linux and am willing to go through these growing pains ad submitting bugs, but I find it hard to ¨sell¨ Linux to my friends. It is just too much a hassle to get them working.

At least Avidemux is great to edit mpg files.

Comment

Originally posted by groenem
                    I tried all DVD softwares mentioned and I get problems with all of them.
                    This suggests to me that the common denominator is your setup.

Many people have had success with Linux based programs.

Comment

@groenem

i would check and make sure that you have the audio codec used in your source video installed on your machine. that is about the only thing i can think of to cause both programs to make you a dvd without audio. a good way to check is to try to play the file and watch it if you get no sound then you don't have the codec to decode it (please note: don't test in vlc it uses its own codecs)

Comment

Working...
                      X