X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

konsole refreshing

Hello again,

When im using konsole the screen does not seem to refresh properly. I need to press enter again or click with the mouse somewhere to be able to see the output of the latest command. It might work ok for a few minutes when i start kubuntu but then the porblem starts.
    I only have this problem in konsole.

Thanks in advance.

Re: konsole refreshing

Maybe try this before your session? --

reset

See: man reset
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Actually reset will wipe out the output of the last command. it sound like you are scrolling up and then not scrolling down. Usually it is set so that typing causes it to scroll to the bottom, and if you never scroll up it should stay at the bottom. Once you scroll up it will stay there till you bring it down.

Comment

Reset didnt work. it moved me to the top of the konsole but then i need to click somewhere for the text (or do something that refreshes thescreen)below to disappear and when i tried another command the display would still not update properly.

Im sure this is not a scrolling problem.

Thanks for the help

Comment

I ve installed the new nvidia driver and this seems to have solved the problem.

sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx-180

Comment

Working...
          X