This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Config files to backup for fresh install

I'm having some issues w/ Intrepid on my laptop after attempting to make some changes with graphics so I want to do a fresh install.

I have awn installed and running and I'd like to keep it.
    I also have Tomboy notes saved that I'd like to keep also.

Are there any other files that are recommended if there are current settings that i'd want to keep?

Thanks

Re: Config files to backup for fresh install

if you have an e-mail client installed (thunderbird, evolution etc.... ) you might want to backup your email data... how about your browser settings (like favorites, saved passwords etc...).... i always backup my xorg.conf too, cuz i had make some weird monitor settings in there... in fact you should think about just every program you have installed and you had to set some settings that cost u more time than like 10seconds and apps where you have saved data... how about conky? do you have conky installed? saves you lots of precious time backing up your conky config...
    i hope i helped you a bit...

greets

Comment

Very good ideas. Where are the files for Firefox, Tomboy notes, and AWN? I use evolution and I have my contacts syncing with google. Does pidgin have configuration files to backup? I don't know what conky is. What is it?

Thanks

Comment

you should find everything by showing hidden files in your home folder. for example the firefoxdata is stored in ~\.mozilla\firefox\. I'm not using tomboy, awn and pidgin but you should be able to find your files in your home folder. just browse your home folder and enable 'show hidden files' ('alt+.' when using dolphin)...
        conky is a system monitor, it's pretty neat.... http://conky.sourceforge.net

greets

Comment

Working...
        X