Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get the background image to function as /home/ubuntu/Desktop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get the background image to function as /home/ubuntu/Desktop?

When I boot up the Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex Live CD, the a small transparent termianal Desktop window has become the default, whereas before the backround image served the function of displaying the icons (of content) for files that resided in /home/ubuntu/Desktop.

How do I change the transparent window now known as /home/ubuntu/Desktop to be the former background image serving as the Desktop?

-- Tom

Re: How do I get the background image to function as /home/ubuntu/Desktop?

right click on the desktop and select appearance settings. and change the view type from folder view to desktop view and that will get rid of the transparent folder and you will have the classic-style desktop.

HTH

Comment

Re: How do I get the background image to function as /home/ubuntu/Desktop?

It did not work.

Note: I am in the Live CD environment.

When I right-click on the Desktop background (is that what you meant?), I get the Options menu:

* Run Command
      + Add Widgets Ctrl-A
      + Add Panel
      -c Desktop Settings
      ? Lock Widgets Ctrl-L
      ? Lock Screen
      ? Leave

The question is how do I get the option to select changing the folder view to desktop view as you recommend?

If I right-click inside the transparent folder (is that what you meant) there are the options:
      Folder View Settings, where I can select a custom view folder and type in /home/ubuntu/Desktop, but that did not work either; Desktop Options (as above), and x Remove This Folder View <--- Is this what I should select

-- Tom

Comment

Working...
      X