X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlan connection problem in school

Hello

First of all, when I connect to a normal wpa or wep encrypted wlan network, everything works fine.

But here's the situation.

In my school we have a free wlan environment which uses everybody's own login account. In windows, you type the wep key and than you are automatically redirected when starting firefox to a login server. When we type our login and pass in the firefox window, we are connected to the internet.

Kubuntu does not seems to be able to redirect to the main server.

I tried to connect using the network manager in kubuntu, but it does not work.
    The manager does see the network and it's ssid; but when I enter the WEP config; the shared key; the rest of the configuration is automatic; ... it does not work.

It seems to be a general software problem, because when I tried to use a Ethernet cable; it did not made a connection either.

Anyone who can help me with this one?
    thank you
    Maarten
    Intrepid on Dell Inspiron 6000; Celeron M @1.8ghz; 2gb ram<br />First Linux Exp: February 2009 Intrepid

Re: Wlan connection problem in school

I encountered this issue the other day at my school on a fresh install of Intrepid. I'm going to try again on my second computer on Monday which also has a fresh install of Intrepid. I did not have this problem with Edgy, Feisty, Gusty or Hardy.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It&#39;s what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Did you already found some kind of solution?
      Intrepid on Dell Inspiron 6000; Celeron M @1.8ghz; 2gb ram<br />First Linux Exp: February 2009 Intrepid

Comment

I was able to but I noticed that in when I was configuring the settings for the network, the network key type kept on reverting to a hexadecimal key type. Now it is fortunate that my school provides both a WEP ASCII and hex key.

You might want to look at that particular setting to see what it is set to.
        Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It&#39;s what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Working...
        X