This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documentation for Nepomuk/Strigi?

Is there any documentation on how to configure, run and use the strigi/nepomuk stuff? There appears to be nothing in the man pages or info tree. I basically want to index the /usr/share/doc tree, since khelpcenter fails more often than it works. Yes, I've tried google; all it brings up are web sites intelligible only to engineers, which I am not. I am thinking of trying beagle, but I don't believe it interfaces directly with dolphin, as nepomuk does. That is, IFF I can figure out how to configure and run it.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: Documentation for Nepomuk/Strigi?

I am new to Kubuntu. I also want to know how to use the desktop search engine.

Comment

Re: Documentation for Nepomuk/Strigi?

Intrepid

> HOWTO: Desktop Search in Ubuntu Intrepid in KDE 4.2

Jaunty

Topic: Nepomuk&Strigi, enable and use

Misc links

> Re: Jaunty Release Schedule, Plans, KDE 4.2 [Nepomuk (& Strigi)]

something different

> fsrunner

fsrunner works same way as the locate /1/. With the fsrunner you choose the directories which you want to index, after indexing you can press Alt+F2 and type the search pattern...

fsrunner binaries can be found from the ppa repositories > FAQ: Repositories

=> Show PPAs matching: fsrunner

/1/ man locate
      NAME
      locate - find files by name

SYNOPSIS
      locate [OPTION]... PATTERN...
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...