Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem connecting to keyserver (to upgrade to KDE 4.2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem connecting to keyserver (to upgrade to KDE 4.2)

Following the steps here http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.2 to upgrade to KDE 4.2 and am getting the following error when trying to retrieve the key:

Code:
    sudo gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 493B3065 && sudo gpg --export -a 493B3065 | sudo apt-key add -
    gpg: requesting key 493B3065 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect to host
    gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
    gpg: Total number processed: 0
    Is the server down? If so, is there another one I can use? Am I doing something wrong?!?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Many thanks,
    James

Re: Problem connecting to keyserver (to upgrade to KDE 4.2)

The command you issued is correct. The server is probably down - I suspect it has been accessed heavily since KDE 4.2rc1 was released.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hmm lame. Does anyone know of an alternative way I can acquire the key? Been dying to install 4.2 :P

Comment

traceroute keyserver.ubuntu.com (for me) shows 22+ hops and dies after hop 22 (gw0-0-gr.canonical.com (91.189.88.10)

As I suggested, their server is probably being severely overworked. I'm sure that they will either increase their bandwidth, or mirror to another server.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hmm I've given it all weekend and installed it fine at home over the weekend but the problem persists at work. This leads me to believe its a firewall problem. Is there an alternative way I can retrieve the key?

Comment

Working...
          X