This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.2 RC broke kwin

Has anyone else upgraded to the latest kde release from the kubuntu-experimental repository? I've just upgraded from 4.2. beta 2 to the release candidate and for some reason kwin is constantly crashing. Its not even that it crashed every now and then, its as soon as its required to draw or redraw any decoration on the screen.
    If anyone else has had this problem or can help i'd appreciate it.

Re: KDE 4.2 RC broke kwin

I can't help nor did I have the problem you have when uping from the last beta to RC1. All works fine here after the upgrade, Hope somone can help you though. I imagine quite a few have upgraded so there's gotta be a fix somewhere. Go to the main forum index > desktop support > kde support and post there.
    Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Comment

Thanks, i'll enquire there and keep searching for any info on it.. might just be that something messed up during the upgrade.

Comment

Have you tried doing any further updates to see if everything is fully installed? You could also try uninstalling kwin and reinstalling it. You could also try deleting all the kwin config files in ~/.kde/share/config.

Comment

I've tried all of the above, even creating a new user and trying to log in, no change.
          the only error information i can get from kwin when it crashes is:
          X Error: BadWindow (invalid window perameter) 3
          Major Opcode 20 (X_Getproperty)

have to say i'm very stumped

Comment

Working...
          X