This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is "Suspend to Ram" in kde 4.1.4

i recently upgraded to kde 4.1.4 and i am not able to see the "suspend to ram" or "suspend to disk" options in Leave menu. These options were available in kde 4.1.3 and worked fine.

want to find out i can re-enable the "suspend to ram" and "suspend to disk" options in kde 4.1.4

Re: where is "Suspend to Ram" in kde 4.1.4

You should be able to do the same thing by right clicking on the battery applet and choosing "suspend".
    Best

Comment

Install the package "kpowersave" and then the first time you run kpowersave it puts an icon of an electric plug on your panel, which turns to a battery icon when you run on battery. When you right-click the icon, you get a choice of S2RAM or S2DISK. S2RAM works on my desktop, S2DISK doesn't, and I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it because I'm happy to use S2RAM.

Comment

Actually the "suspend to ram" option was hiding in the Shutdown button after clicking on the Shutdown the computer in the leave menu and clicking on the down arrow (hard to use). but it is hard to use.to me it seems like a bad interface design. the options are very conspicious

Comment

Working...
        X