X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] adept strangeness - no notifier, "search" instead of "browse"

Adept is behaving very strangely.
    There is no adept_notifier, not in /usr/bin, nor anywhere else. I would like to have it running, but I can't find it. It was there when I first installed (from the kubuntu live cd).
    Also, when I bring up adept, it seems to switch at will between having the "search" icon and the "browse" icon. How do I configure it to do one or the other?
    I have tried removing, cleaning, purging, and installing with apt-get, to no avail.
    Adept says it is 3.0 beta 4 (Sheldon); how do I get a non-beta, if that will fix it?
    Of course the help system is non-functional, and nothing in the documentation.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: adept strangeness - no notifier, "search" instead of "browse"

Adept in kde4 is in sorry shape, and it has since been abandoned by its maintainer. So it's dead. Plans have already been put in place to use packagekit in future version of kubuntu. Many people around these parts have installed Synaptic and don't bother with Adept. I used to dislike Synaptic, but since I've been forced into using it recently it's actually quite capable.

Comment

Re: adept strangeness - no notifier, "search" instead of "browse"

Well, that explains a lot. Thanks for the info.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
      X