This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Office - KDE integration issue

So with today's big Open Office update has anyone been brave enough to try the KDE/Open Office integration again?
    Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Re: Open Office - trepidation

I was still having the file recovery issue. But I'm not sure if I was supposed to do anything special to get rid of it. I tried deleting my .openoffice.org directory but that didn't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin
      So with today's big Open Office update has anyone been brave enough to try the KDE/Open Office integration again?
      Yup, I tried it and like Nate still had the file recovery problem so have removed kde integration again.
      Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Thanks to both of you for saving me the experience!!!!
        Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

Marlin,

I ran the latest set of OpenOffice upgrades today and then installed the kde integration - it works!

Comment

(Solved) Open Office - trepidation

Way cool quarkslot. Thanks for the heads-up. Gonna give it a try right now!

[EDIT]
            Bummer! Open Office-KDE has been pulled. Probably due to today's Open Office update.

[EDIT II]
            Integration was installed as part of today's updates. It works! The Open Office menus actually look professional again!

Comment

Re: (Solved) Open Office - trepidation

Actually I'm not so sure the KDE integration is quite there yet:

I created a new spreadsheet but when I tried to save it OpenOffice froze, after that I could not open any other OpenOffice apps.

First I tried logging out to see if that might free things up but KDE popped up a message saying OpenOffice was preventing the logout! Normal GUI shutdown didn't work either though it did from a terminal.

On re-starting I opened OpenOffice and it recovered my original, unsaved, file but I still can't save it. Each time I have to forcibly kill off the OpenOffice application.

So I removed KDE integration and voila! everything works again.

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

Comment

Re: (Solved) Open Office - trepidation

I cannot right away (I am at work) but I will try that same scenario when I get home.

Comment

Re: Maybe? (Solved) Open Office - trepidation

Sorry quarkslot but I just created a spreadsheet and saved it. I experienced NO unwanted behavior. It all worked for me.

Comment

Re: (Solved for me, maybe not for you!!) Open Office - trepidation

Damn, it's me then!

Thanks for checking.

Comment

Re: (Solved for me, maybe not for you!!) Open Office - trepidation

Originally posted by quarkslot
                      Damn, it's me then!

Thanks for checking.
                      It's not just you. I was able to reproduce your freezing of the oo trying to save a new spreadsheet. I'm uninstalling openoffice.org-kde for now.

Comment

Working...
                      X