This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok 2.0 + phonon-backend-xine = no sound

Has anyone encountered a problem with Amarok 2.0 and no sound playing when using phonon-backend-xine? Amrok just runs through the files in the playlist without playing any of them, it started fairly recently, and sound output does work with phonon-backend-gstreamer.

The funny thing is, another user account on the same machine has no problems using phonon-backend-xine (even with Amarok), and other KDE 4.1 apps which should be using phonon (i.e. Dragon player) work with both backends even on the affected account.

I've tried deleting Amarok's settings (~/.kde/share/config/amarok* and ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok) but it doesn't seem to help... I've tried deleting the whole .kde directory but also no change. This is with both pulseaudio starting up and not starting up.

I mean, the workaround is simple - use gstreamer backend, but the question remains why has it stopped working with xine backend for just one user.

Re: amarok 2.0 + phonon-backend-xine = no sound

I also have the very same problem - unfortunately without any solution. Using phonon-backend-gstreamer is also not really an option as fadeout is totally broken using that backend...

Comment

After updating to KDE 4.2 Beta this morning, Amarok 2 (actually 1.9.0 aka 2 Beta) broke here -- crashed upon every launch with Sig 6. Back to Amarok 1.4.10 for me, and it's working marvelously, as expected.

Comment

I had this same problem with 9.04 alpha, but I fixed it:

I removed the phonon-backend-gstreamer package. I believe it was confusing Amarok somehow. For good measure, I re-installed the phonon-backend-xine package, though I'm not sure that was necessary. I rebooted as a lazy way to restart all related services, and now it works.
        Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Working...
        X