This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pidgin autostart howto

Pidgin used to auto start and stay on tray after first use, without the need to put it in the autostart folder, but just few days ago it no longer auto start, how do I fix that ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Pidgin autostart howto

I thought it was just me...

If you put it in the autostart folder same for Skype) everything will be OK.

Dolphin>View> Show Hidden Folders

Autostart is at Home>.kde> Autostart

RIGHT click. Choose Create New>Link to Application

Go to Application Tab. Put in name: Pidgin. The press Browse button beside Command. Root>usr>bin.Pidgin

Optional: Click the General Tab> Picture of ? and choose the Pidgin icon if you like. (System Icons (Applications ) Pidgin.

Reboot.

Somebody might come along to tell us how to do it quicker - but that's how I do it.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

You could also do system settings - advanced - autostart
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

It doesn't have to be on autostart folder, it runs everytime reboot after the first time, but I don't know how come it suddenly refuse to do that, I don't want to put it in autostart to prevent autorun twice.
        Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

1) At the moment it's not autostarting without being in the Autostart Folder

2) In the event that it suddenly returns and autoruns twice () you can remove it form the Autostart Folder.
          "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
          "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
          X