X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD ripping software that works [info for you]

Hi All,
    Not sure ware I should have posted this or how I should have posted this but here goes. If I should move this or edit the post please inform me of such changes.

I was playing around this weekend with some of my DVD tools to see if I can get a good rip of my DVD in Linux. I have heard of the 9 what ever and read it is very slow and dose not all ways work so I have my fav windows app a try and it works and just as well as in windows.

DVDFab HD Decrypter
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm
    I installed it under WINE, and ran it on one of my DVDs and it worked very well. I then played the ifo file in VLC and was very happy.

This is ther free ripper, so it has some limitations but I mostly just rip the main movie and don't care about the other stuff. I have Kids you see and they love to trash my DVDs in just a few days, some time faster. So not I just rip them to a HD create a shortcut toe the IFO file and they can one click play there movies.

Noel Vh
    ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Re: DVD ripping software that works [info for you]

I still haven't found a comfortable replacement for DVDFab under WINE.

Comment

DVD Fab works to rip the DVD in Wine for me, but I can't get it to burn to DVD like I could in Windows. It won't pick up the blank DVD.

I installed DVD Fab earlier and couldn't get it to start up in Wine. I installed the HD Decrypter thing you posted a link to and for some reason, that fixed my DVD Fab installation in Wine to let it boot and rip DVD's. Still no burning capability though.

It works if I burn it to an ISO then use K3b to burn the ISO to a blank DVD.

Still would prefer to get DVD Fab to do both steps for me...

Comment

I don' t have the full version of DVD HD so I have never burned with it. I have in the past used k3b to burn the vob file with out and issue.

Noel Vh
        ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

Working...
        X