X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software and Sources

Hello,

I'm a newby who directly started with kubuntu 8.04 upgraded after 2 days to 8.1.

I'm going thorugh some issues because of my videocard (ATI X550) and my wireless USB key (netgear wg111t).

but that's not what bothers me, in a way or another I had them both working.

I'd like to know if the sources that Adept has as default are enough for a medium user or if they are just not enough and I shoud necessarily add more. if yes what other source should I add?

another question.
    Wich applications are a "MUST HAVE" for someone using kubuntu?
    a different network manager?
    a different drivers manager?
    a different system analyzer ?

please give me some advice cause I'm quite lost
    thank you.

Re: Software and Sources

I'd like to know if the sources that Adept has as default are enough for a medium user or if they are just not enough and I shoud necessarily add more
    Wich applications are a "MUST HAVE" for someone using kubuntu?
    There is a saying "One man's meat is another man's poison". What is good for one person might not be good for a different person. Someone might like games so they have sources for games e.g. Playdeb. Another person might not like games but likes music instead.

HowtoForge have a feature "The Perfect Desktop" but it is only up to Kubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) and has not reached Intrepid yet (http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfec...buntu-8.04-lts). But it is a bit false and might cause people to add apps that they don't use and need.

If you see a need for you to add a source than add it. The only repository that I might add early on is Medibuntu (http://www.medibuntu.org/)
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
    X