This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Neon

I'm using KDE 4.2 Beta 1. How do I get mouse gestures in Konqueror to work?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chris062689
      Sweet, thanks for the quick reply.
      I'm going to install Kubuntu 8.10, and Neon! I'll report back how it goes!
      I am doing just that at the moment and there is no interaction AFAICS

Comment

Does anybody know where the screensavers are stored?I have many downloaded many on Intrepid Ibex but the KDE 4.2 beta doesn't have that faciliity enabled yet, hence I would like to copy them across from II.

Comment

i have added the repository on adept and semantic but it never finds the package

Comment

right i have installed it now but i have a new problem most of my data in on another hard drive in ntfs and i cant access it under the 4.2 neon environment now if no ones has a fix for this i will uninstall it as it not very good having no access to my files

Comment

KTorrent

I was having all kinds of problems getting KTorrent to work right with the Neon builds, so I got adventurous and built my own .debs for it, against the Project Neon KDE and Qt versions.

Even more adventurous, it's KTorrent 3.2beta1. I've been running my own packages for a couple of weeks now, and aside from one Plasma hiccough with the new KTorrent widget, I've not really noticed anything.

I've got a tiny apt repository at http://homes.cerias.purdue.edu/~ecates/apt/ with i386 and amd64 packages for KTorrent 3.2beta1 and the libqca2 stuff needed for encrypted connections. In the spirit of the neon/kde-nightly stuff, they install to /opt/project-neon or /opt/kde-nightly, and are named differently from the standard Intrepid packages so they will coexist peacefully with them.

Comment

anyone help me out i need access to that hardrive

Comment

Searching this forum gives:
                  http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...pic=3099419.15

amongst others.

I hope that helps.
                  HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by moses
                    Hi
                    My first question in this forum though I have used Linux for about 10 years and Kubuntu for 4 I think. Most of the time I have a problem I can find it through searching on the forum but this time I can't find anything about my problem. I'm running kde-nightly (neon) and can't find a way to install language support for my systemlanguage (Swedish). Though I'm fairly good in English but still would like to have Swedish as systemlanguage.

Looking forward for help.

Moses
                    Same question here, only in my case I'd want the Dutch language. To add to that I have a little problems with the folderview plasmoid that is related to the language. Because of the different naming of locations this plasmoids now displays my homefolder instead of the desktop folder.

Comment

I installed Project Neon and liked what I got BUT..
                      I need dual language and cannot install another language in Neon. I see there are a couple of other posts with this problem. Because Neon installed alongside my KDE 4.1. I want to uninstall Neon and leave only the 41. How do I do this?
                      Errol

Comment

sudo apt-get remove kde-nightly

to remove neon.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hope someone can help me with this:

I installed the nightly KDE build from project Neon and everything has been going smoothly, until I decided that that wasn't quite cutting edge enough for me...so I added the intrepid 'proposed' and 'unsupported' repos. yesterday I got a QT upgrade through. Since then, GTK-qt-engine won't run (which means firefox looks ugly as sin) and I've been getting random plasma crashes every few minutes. I'm assuming both of those problems are due to the new QT library version. Is there any way of rolling back my QT version to the one I had before I upgraded?Or, failing that, could someone talk me through re-compiling GTK-qt-engine for the latest version of QT? before you ask, I'm too stupid to take backups before upgrading things like vital system libraries.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Deicist
                              ...Since then, GTK-qt-engine won't run (which means firefox looks ugly as sin)...
                              I always have (other) issues with GTK-qt-engine, and so I can't help with your problem, but I suggest installing https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7574 theme until you get things working again.

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
                                Originally posted by Deicist
                                ...Since then, GTK-qt-engine won't run (which means firefox looks ugly as sin)...
                                I always have (other) issues with GTK-qt-engine, and so I can't help with your problem, but I suggest installing https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7574 theme until you get things working again.
                                Cheers, that's certainly made firefox look nicer anyway.

Now if I can make evolution look nice, and stop Plasma starting every time I launch something I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X