This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JACK in Intrepid - can't start jackd

I'm trying to use JACK after having done a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.

I'm using qjackctl and in my setup, I have input set to hw:0,1 and output hw:0,0 (only one sound card on my laptop)

Here's the messages I get in the messages window:
    Code:
    jackd 0.109.2
    Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
    jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
    under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
    JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
    loading driver ..
    apparent rate = 44100
    creating alsa driver ... hw:0,0|hw:0,1|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
    control device hw:0
    the playback device "hw:0,0" is already in use. Please stop the application using it and run JACK again
    cannot load driver module alsa
    no message buffer overruns
    11:50:17.476 JACK was stopped successfully.
    11:50:17.477 Post-shutdown script...
    11:50:17.478 killall jackd
    jackd: no process killed
    11:50:17.939 Post-shutdown script terminated with exit status=256.
    11:50:19.480 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall operation failed. - Unable to connect to server. Please check the messages window for more info.
    It looks like something is hogging the sound output and preventing JACK from connecting. In similar trouble, I use a program called Transcribe to slow down music I'm trying to learn by ear. It also can't connect to the sound card.

I installed e17 desktop environment the other day, and I can connect to the sound card with both JACK and Transcribe just fine. I'm guessing there's something (Phonon?) that's specific to KDE4 that's causing the problem. Any way to temporarily turn this off?
Working...
X