This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 - disaster

Please - How do I go back to KDE3 and 8.04?
    Have upgraded? from 8.04 64bit to 8.10 using the dist upgrade process. I want to go back - nothing but trouble and wasted hours.

VMware wont work - Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:8333.

Cannot access Network Manager or Knetwork Manager. The network tool won let me into adminstrator mode.

Absolute disaster

HELP!

Re: KDE4 - disaster

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3098913.0

You know, there is a free Live CD image available, with which you can boot and try the OS and desktop environment, to determine how it suits you, before you actually install it ..... :P

Comment

By reinstalling Hardy will I lose all my settings?

You know, there is a free Live CD image available, with which you can boot and try the OS and desktop environment, to determine how it suits you, before you actually install it ..... :P
      Yep - Iḿ a stupid, stupid soul. I came to trust the distro too much. The last couple of upgrades went so smoothly that I let my guard down. To me KDE4 is still beta at best.

Any thoughts on how to get the networking tools operating?

Comment

Here's the problem -- Hardy used the .kde folder for your KDE 3.5 settings, and 8.10 also uses a folder named .kde for your KDE 4.1 settings. So, the best hope to salvage your old settings is if you can find a backed up .kde folder that was from when it was a Hardy system. Then you'll have to save that somewhere else, because you're going to have to reinstall 8.04 anew. Then copy in your saved .kde folder, and maybe you'll be close to how you had it before.

I would get all that done before working on networking -- there may not even be a networking problem.

Comment

Working...
        X