X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Kubuntu 8.10 "user management feature" desappeared

Hi everybody,

I have installed Kubuntu 8.10 (from 8.04) and on the panel of the "System Settings" the feature "user management icon" doesn't appear as in Kubuntu 8.04 (under Computer Administration).

Please could you tell me where this feature is now ?? I cannot manage the users.

Thanks very much
    Dual-booting:<br />Kubuntu: Karmic Koala (Main OS)<br />Windows:Vista Home Premium<br />--------------------------------------------------------------<br />Sony Vaio&nbsp; VGN-NR21Z - 2 Duo processor T8100<br />Graphics nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 &quot;user management feature&quot; desappeared

sandro54, the user management applet is now a separate icon that is not in the control panel. Go to the start menu (sorry, don't remember the non-windows name) and look for the icon in one of the categories. It's there somewhere (don't remember exactly, but I do remember making the same question to myself)

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 &quot;user management feature&quot; desappeared

barbolani is correct... it is:

K > Applications > System > KUser (User Manager)
      Confucius says: If you enjoy your work, then you never have to work another day in your life.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 &quot;user management feature&quot; desappeared [SOLVED]

Originally posted by tonyj
        barbolani is correct... it is:

K > Applications > System > KUser (User Manager)

thank you very much, problem solved
        Dual-booting:<br />Kubuntu: Karmic Koala (Main OS)<br />Windows:Vista Home Premium<br />--------------------------------------------------------------<br />Sony Vaio&nbsp; VGN-NR21Z - 2 Duo processor T8100<br />Graphics nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Comment

Working...
        X