This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 8.10 Update DISASTER apparently resolution problem

Where do I begin, I decided to update from 8.04 to 8.10 Kubuntu ofc, the instalation went well, but then i got this horrible error, the login window has a huge font, i cant even tell what there is supposed to be there. But oh well i passed that point by typing my user name and password, but then i can only see lines and nothing that makes sense, please help, I have a laptop, HP Pavilion dv5133.

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 Update DISASTER

try rebooting, and select 'recovery mode'. this will boot you to a menu where you can reconfigure/recover your video setup

Comment

Since updating to 8.10 via adept I can't logon. If I enter the wrong password I get a simple error message, but if I enter the right password the screen blanks a couple of times then returns to the logon screen.

I haven't got the first idea on how to deal with this as I am a Linux n00b who has only been using linux since Kubuntu 8.04. Any help is very appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
        try rebooting, and select 'recovery mode'. this will boot you to a menu where you can reconfigure/recover your video setup
        Thanks, ive gone into recovery mode typed xrandr to try and see what the options where and the message i recieve is /*Can't open display*/ I even typed xrandr -s 1024x768 to force it to change and the error is the same... Is there any other way I can change the screen resolution?

Comment

Working...
        X