This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying Icon menu bar

How do I stop that annoying menu bar from popping up next to icons on the desktop?

Re: Annoying Icon menu bar

Right-click on the desktop ->Lock Widgets.

Comment

Anyway to just remove the menu without locking it? One other question. Where do I find some sort of auto arrange feature for the icons, or get them to fall into a grid? I like them to line up automatically when I let go of one.

Comment

1) - i don't think so.
        2) - i've no idea, i don't use KDE 4 a lot.

Comment

You can remove the panel completely if that is your desire. That done, you can then add any of the panel widgets directly to the desktop. You do that by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop. If widgets are locked, unlock them. Then select Add Widgets... (or just press Ctrl+A) and just click-and-drag the desired widget to the desktop and let go of the mouse. That's it. Widget is now on the desktop.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I was talking about the menu bar that pops up next to the icons on the desktop, when they're unlocked.

Comment

Ahh. Sorry 'bout the confusion (mine).

If you could 'get rid' of them, you wouldn't have any means to 'configure' the widget. I don't think you can do what you want.

Comment

I think you're right. I just went ahead and locked them, although I prefer leaving things unlocked. Not a big deal, just an annoyance. Can't like everything about the system. Thanks.

Comment

Keeping widgets locked keeps one from 'shooting themselves in the foot.' It's true, that even if you accidentally delete a widget, it can always be added back, but when it happens, it is annoying. Unlocking widgets is only two mouse clicks away, so ....

Comment

Working...
                  X