This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video players and desktop effects

I have this incompatibility: if I have desktop effects active, when I play a video screen blinks all the time. If I turn off effects, videos are playing perfectly.
    Any one else has this issue?

Re: video players and desktop effects

You may be pushing your graphics card beyond its capabilities. In a Konsole, you can run
    Code:
    glxgears
    and get a general idea of how much it can handle.

Comment

Results ara about 3000 FPS. Aren't enough?
      But on 8.04, I had effects on, and watching movies was ok...

Originally posted by dibl
      You may be pushing your graphics card beyond its capabilities. In a Konsole, you can run
      Code:
      glxgears
      and get a general idea of how much it can handle.

Comment

I am also having this problem as well.

EDIT: Running glxgears I get around 3500FPS
        Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Comment

Ok so my laptop which is running an Nvidia card had no problems whatsoever with video play back. But after reinstalling my desktop today the video play back still flickers whenever desktop effects are turned on. So for now I just turn off my effects while watching movies and then turn em back on when done. But I think that this will come down to my ATI card in this case. Not really sure at the moment where to go with this so for now I'll look at it as a small issue that really doesn't bother me too much.
          Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Comment

Working...
          X