This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autostart and KDE/Gnome

I'm having some trouble with autostart and having both ubuntu-desktop and kubuntu-desktop installed. Whenever I log into KDE, gnome-keyring-manager pops up asking for a password for the gnome network manager (nm-applet). If I click Deny, knetwork-manager won't connect to any networks. If I put in the password, both knetwork-manager and nm-applet both connect to my network. I can then kill the nm-applet process and just have knetwork manager running.

Gnome-power-manager also seems to randomly start, and I'll have both gnome and kde battery-monitor icons in the system tray. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does killing the process doesn't work and gnome-power-manager just keeps restarting itself.

I've checked ~/.config/autostart, and I don't have any gnome apps there. I don't have any listed gnome apps in KDE's GUI autostart menu either.

Although this isn't much more than an annoyance, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Autostart and KDE/Gnome

It looks like this problem is unlikely to be resolved any time soon.

I basically had to gut gnome-session-properties to make it stop. Even unchecking the gnome options in gnome and kde didn't prevent the apps from starting in kde. Manually editing the .desktop files to include either "ShowOnlyIn=gnome" or "NotShowIn=kde" also had no effect. I had to actually delete the entries in both DEs.

Comment

Working...
    X