X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth support for KDE4?

Hello,
    I've just upgraded to Intrepid from Hardy. So far the biggest shock is no apparent bluetooth support for KDE. I have small requirements - I just use bluetooth to send and receive data from my PDA. So far no luck. I have kdebluetooth installed, but when I plug in my adapter nothing happens as if daemon was not working. According to logs my adapter is properly recognized (it was working with Hardy just fine) . When I start kbluetooth4 from console I get "KBluetooth4 is already running!" reply.
    Any ideas how to pair 2 devices together? Is there any pin manager available for KDE4? What about service menus? How do I send a file? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Bluetooth support for KDE4?

I have the same problem except that I get no message after starting KDEBluetooth4. Surely something that worked so well in Hardy can't be so broken in II?
    Let&#39;s disconnect these cables, Overturn these tables, <br />This place don&#39;t make sense to me no more<br />Can you tell me what we&#39;re waiting for, Señor?: Bob Dylan<br />Registered Ubuntu User # 23094

Comment

Surely something that worked so well in Hardy can't be so broken in II?
      > IntrepidIbex/RC/Kubuntu
      Bluetooth is currently broken for Kubuntu Intrepid due to a last minute upgrade of the bluez stack. We hope to have a fix for this but only as an update after release, 2008. https://launchpad.net/bugs/280997
      and

> Raw Log of Meeting for 17-October-2008
      * How can we prevent borkage like with NM and Bluez (if at all)?
      - start working more closely with Ubuntu on this, or we can just
      start breaking their stuff to see how they like it :P (just
      kidding!!!)
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I was forced to use bluez-gnome. Some purists consider this solution unacceptable (apparently they want Gnome-free system), but it works for me. Extra packages don't hurt me much on disk space and I use some other Gnome apps anyway. Pairing two devices is somewhat tricky - it requires good reflexes because connection expires fast.

Comment

Working...
        X