This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightscribe on II 64 bit?

Has anyone gotten Lightscribe to work with Intrepid 64 bit?
    I tried to install over the weekend and I get the error: wrong architecture 'i386'.
    I checked to make sure I have the i386 stuff installed and ia32, (which I have all that I can think of).
    Still no dice. Any suggestions?
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Re: Lightscribe on II 64 bit?

Check in the Ubuntu forums. There was a pretty big thread on installing lightscribe in the Hardy section. It should be the same thing for amd64 under intrepid as it doesn't require much.

Comment

Re: Lightscribe on II 64 bit?

I have not installed on Intrepid but I have installed on Kubuntu/ Ubuntu 9.10 64bit
      I used Lightscribe Simple Labeler because the one from Lacie would not see my drive..
      First download newest software from Lightscribe.com they have deb packages and rpm packages [ I used deb of course ] you will need two packages
      then in term inter sudo apt-get install fakeroot alien ia32-libs
      next inter sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture lightscribe-1.18.9.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb
      next inter sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture lightscribeApplications-1.18.6.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb
      these are the newest packages that I know of

then inter kdesudo SimpleLabeler do not worry if you don't have kdesudo term told me command to download and install it just run kdesudo again
      also make sure you have newest java installed as this only worked for me after I installed it [ why ? ]
      this labeler is very simple cannot import graphics into it but you can at least give enough info to know what's on disk
      HP Pavilion m7750n desktop<br />AMD 64x2 2.6 ghz cpu,2gb mem,Geforce 6150 Le graphics <br /> Kubuntu 11.04 x86_64

Comment

Working...
      X