Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first set of observations(bugs) on intrepid.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first set of observations(bugs) on intrepid.

Just dowloaded all the updates for intrepid in Kubuntu from Alpha 5. I'm telling my issues on the
    first things anybody will do after installing a new distro or version.

1) The adept series of utils have a "? "as the icon and the adept updater doesn't
    start as soon as I click it ( but will ask for the password). I have to click it again
    to open it. I'm sure this is worked upon
    2) The search in adept updater is bad, as soon as I type it starts showing me the results.
    The kde3.x.x was much better: it will allow me to finish typing without "pausing" my typing.
    and the icons for what to display has to be familiarised. a text version of what it is alongside
    will be good ( apart from the tooltip). I hope this will be worked on.
    3) I would assume "progress" will come automatically after "changes" or "search". Atleast if
    the progress (should be more verbose)shows the last run..then it will be good. Also why
    do I have to look at changes in order to install new packages ? There should be an apply,
    revert etc. button in the search as well. and i need to be where i was when I clicked
    apply ie. search or changes. I don't want to end up in progress. gui, gui, gui, please
    make it more intutive.
    4) Moving the cursor over fav, app, comp, recently used, doesn't take me to the menu automatically,
    I have to actually click it to display the corresponding menu. I'm sure this is worked upon.

Waiting for the final release.

Maindoor.

Re: My first set of observations(bugs) on intrepid.

For 1,2 and 3 the new Adept is very very new so those issues have been noted. Not sure how much progress will be done before final release

As to #4, it should work. Try right-clicking on the kmenu icon, and checking out if the box is checked under 'Application Launcher Settings' to enable/disable hover.

Comment

Working...
    X