• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Network mangler borks wireless settings

Originally posted by kubicle
    Here's the bug report you may wish to keep track of:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/259278

I'd expect it to get fixed before the release of intrepid (although I'd prefer a KDE4 version of the applet)

When running development (alpha) versions, breakages are fairly common. If you want a reliable system (or can't afford to spend time creating/searching for/using workarounds), you'll save yourself from much grief if you stick with the release versions.

Occasional (or even frequent) breakage is the price you have to pay if you go with alpha.
    I understand. But, the issue is mostly regarding knetwork Manager and when people say it's probably not the 'backend', they are referring to Network Manager? I am just bewildered that the kde team could have so much trouble with wireless. Perhaps, the Network Manager team has major problems too. For example, in the past, these wireless issues could be found and they still are with recent versions of other debian-based distros. I couldn't connect either (besides 8.10, up to Alpha 6) in other debian-based distros since the same problem existed? These are mostly more recent knetwork manager/network manager packages?

Comment

Working...
    X