X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadcom STA not working

Hello all,
    I installed kubuntu on a Dell XPS M1530 yesterday, I installed the proprietary Broadcom STA drivers but I cannot connect to my WEP encrypted network. So I downloaded WICD and try to let that take the place of the default network manager in KDE and still I could not connect, I double check the connection on a Windows Vista machine and it had no trouble connecting to wifi. So when I rebooted my M1530 my blue wifi light was gone and I no longer had a eth1 for wireless in ifconfig. The Broadcom STA driver still says it is active I wanted to delete the Broadcom drivers and re install them to see if that may get it to work but I don't how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Broadcom STA not working

In general ethX is ethernet and wlanX is wireless. I think people have reported seeing panX interfaces with this driver. To use wicd you should have only lo in /etc/network/interfaces. Comment any others you have there. When you start wicd you will need to click on the interface line to set advanced properties.

After the install you will need to start wicd from Applications->Internet the first time.

Comment

Working...
    X