This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Disconnect Network?

Way back in the olden days when I was using Windows (3 weeks ago) I configured Zone Alarm to auto disconnect all network/Internet traffic after 10 minutes of inactivity. Is there a way to do that in Kubuntu? I found how to manually do it, but would like an auto mode. I sniffed around the 'net and this forum, but found nothing. Man, I'm really a newbie dork!
    The day I can't go to work drunk is the day I'll turn in my badge and gun.

Re: Auto Disconnect Network?

From "man ifconfig":
    Since kernel release 2.2 there are no explicit interface statistics for alias interfaces anymore. The statistics printed for the original address are shared with all alias addresses on the same device. If you want per-address statistics you should add explicit accounting rules for the address using the iptables(8) command.
    I suspect that you could add a rule to IPTABLES which uses conntrack or similar parameters and in a bash script running every 10 minutes (via cron) check their values. Never done it myself, though.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X