Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with static IP address and DNS servers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with static IP address and DNS servers.

Hi Linux guy's,
    please somebody help my. I have a problem in Kubuntu 8.10 with internet settings exactly with settings of IP address and my DNS server number. When I use it in Win XP it works correctly and when I open in Kubuntu 8.10(ordered from cannocical ...) it's impossible to connect to network and I don't know where's the problem. I type my internet provider IP address correctly in the network manager so please if somebody know let me know and the same problem is in the Kubutnu 9.04 beta version. I type my static IP address, gateway, mask and DNS server. The problem in Kubuntu 9.04 is when I open the network manager after the put these numbers in to the field such a IP address, gateway and DNS server is type in the fields but mask 255.255.255.0 is deleted and insted of is there a simple 0 and is there still after repeating the steps of typing in place of 0 255.255.255.0 Pleaseeeeee help me.

Thanks very much.

Re: Problem with static IP address and DNS servers.

Does your computer contain a DSL or cable modem that connects directly to an external network, or are you using ethernet to connect to an external modem?

Comment

If you follow my instructions here, they should work for you.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100052.0

Comment

Only one simple thing. I had the same problem. I don't know where is the post I read, so I will explain as best as I can with my bad English.

The problem could be having Windows and Linux in the same PC. I mean, could happen that the setup of your IP, DNS and so on, is correct. But Windows blocks the net card (REALTEK?) and Linux can't open it.

The trick --> Unplugged the PC 30 seconds, or minute (a quite short time) so the net card (REALTEK?) switched off. Then plugged it again and Linux will open it.

As simple as you read. It worked for me. Try it and let us know.

Comment

Working...
        X